Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I hate being new

I love meeting people but I hate being new.

Some beautiful ladies invited me to a craft night tonight - and I went, and I liked it and I liked them, but I came home and felt all funny and odd, and itchy and out of place and annoyed and annoying.

I think it's that feeling of being the new person. It's a reaction against having to hold back a little, be polite, see the lay of the land, get the feel of the group, not overstep the mark and just ease into things.

Being new ruffles my feathers. It makes me feel out of place, uncomfortable and not quite sure of myself.

It's a good feeling to have because it makes me aware of how others feel when they are new. If I remember it, I can do better in helping them find their feet and their place in the crowd.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I know that exact feelng! and I thought it was just me.

Cecily said...

The older I get the more I realise (at least most of) my feelings are universal!