Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Patience



This picture is proof that people can grow more patient.

Call me crazy, but I decided to cook with not one, but two little boys the other day. I never cooked anything with my first child when she was under three because I hated the mess. I certainly didn't let her get like this.

This time, however, I didn't really care. I'm so much better at cleaning it all up. Plus, I have both a washing machine and a bathtub, and enough water to use them.

The important thing was that the children had fun and did something together with me.

I used to wonder how patience grew. Change of attitude is key I think.

4 comments:

Prue said...

I take great comfort in this discovery of yours!

overthere said...

It is great fun, isn't it. I don't struggle with the mess so much (makes such cute pics!), but with how much it slows me down. Still, it's worth it to see such happiness. Is that little J? My hasn't he grown.

My other observation - the growth of patience is rarely pain free. Does that comfort you, Prue?

Cecily said...

Yes, I have to admit that I make it sound so easy-peasy in this post, as if hey presto, think differently and patience pours in automatically. It doesn't.

The gaining of patience for me has been like crawling through cement, one painful, heavy inch at a time. I have only gained it because I have had so much to be patient about.

And because losing it and getting mad just doesn't work!

My mother always said you can't get long-suffering without suffering long. She is right.

And changing my attitude has also been incredibly hard. Giving up beliefs is painful.

Fil Mackay said...

Go kid - just like his old man!