Sunday, February 03, 2008

Things I'm...

...Feeling
Better and relaxed! I've worked out too much tea makes me feel ill and tired and lacking in energy. Rats. Tea is my favourite thing ever. I think it's the copper in it. So I'm avoiding avocadoes and mushrooms too. And, in theory, chocolate.

...Doing
having friends over for lunch and wanting to do it, and enjoying it! A by-product of feeling better above.

...Enjoying
my children. Oh they are gorgeous and I adore them.

...Persisting with
Daily therapy with Bright Eyes. I can see the results, so it's not as thankless as it seemed to be last year.

...Watching
We've enjoyed Evan Almighty, Amazing Grace and Hairspray on video. I still like survivor, even though I already know who the winner of this season is.

...Hearing
A gorgeous compliment from my daughter yesterday. "Mum, you're more fun now."

...Reading
The book of Mark. Plus stacks of subversive literature about homeschooling, including the most awe-inspiring chapter on religion and education by Gatto. Quotes in the post above.

...Thinking
Am I just a rebel? Since I was 14 I seem to have done and thought things that not too many people around me have done or thought... Am I just looking for the road less travelled out of principle? Is it a habit because I don't want to be ordinary or like other people? I hope not! I hope my motives are pure.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Sounds great, Cec! :)

I've dropped the chocolate recently, as part of my low GI diet, and it's had an amazing effect on my energy levels. I feel so much more motivated now! :)

Cecily said...

Yes, it's evil stuff isn't it!