Monday, September 15, 2008

Cubby progress


Here's the progress on the cubby house. We put the walls up today on the first room.

Below you can see my carpentry teacher and next door neighbour who came up with the plans for this mansion. He has designed it so that it can be unbolted and moved, should we shift sometime in the future.

My other neighbour in the picture came in to see what the excitement was all about!
There will be another room on the side (where the walls are not completed) - the 'writing room' according to my daughter.

Next task is to make the frames and floor for room 2, clad them and put them up. We'll work on the roof at the end.

4 comments:

Prue said...

Two rooms! Did you have to lodge plans with council first?!

Sophie said...

Very impressive!!

Anonymous said...

Well done! I love it.

Cecily said...

Thank y'all. I'm obsessed about building. Today I put the front door on. The second room floor is on, plus one wall frame is done. I have to buy some more wood to build two more walls and then put a roof frame on.

Today I learned about using a straight edge with a circular saw and that tacks won't go through hardiplank.