Monday, November 24, 2008

Children's books

Our church had a creative arts display on the weekend. My entries were two illustrated children's books which I 'published' for the occasion. I have tried in the past to find someone to take them on, but had no success. The children's publishing world is a tough bubble to burst.

Having received great feedback from people who saw the copies, however, I'm seriously investigating self-publishing. The president of Mothers Union goes to our church and said she knows MU shops would sell them.

It's my intention to spend much of next year getting out and speaking and trying to sell my friendship book too... if I set up a website and have three books to sell, it might not be impossible.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Prue said...

Self publishing needs a lot of work - my sister has done it with books she has written on embroidery. You need to be able to get distributors to carry your books in order for your books to have a wide audience. You need to work out how many you can sell to recoup your losses, and work out whether you are likely to sell that many...